Aimed at current bachelor’s degree students, recent graduates and professionals looking for a specialisation, this guide provides an in-depth overview of almost 30 leading graduate schools from all over the world that offer a master’s degree in graphic design/visual communications.
The featured schools are selected based on a list of criteria including the quality of the graduation work, the employability and success of former students, the list of lecturers, and their reputation in the design industry. Each school is featured extensively on 10 pages containing useful information, such as programme description, application details and requirements, student demographics, mentor and alumni lists, tuition and scholarship details, and full contact details. The articles give a real insight into life at each of the schools and in the global locations – each school profile opens with an introduction by the programme leader, followed by examples of recent student work, an interview with a successful alumnus, information about the school’s location regarding housing, transportation and the cultural scene from a student’s perspective, and more.
A world map indicating the demographic spread of included schools, a summary table and a notebook section with space for research notes, complete this guide to help potential students choose the school that will suit them best.
- The guidebook focuses on the leading graduate schools from across the world
- Attractive graphic design with a lot of attention for clarity and easy comparability of the different schools
- Small trim size and light weight allows students to easily pick up the book at events, shops and schools
- A practical table helps to compare the schools featured in the book
- A notebook section is included for the reader to write down his/her own research
- 17 December 2013
- Frame Publishers
- Edited/written by Carmel McNamara, Merel Kokhuis and Kanae Hasegawa
- Graphic design by Cathelijn Kruunenberg and Adriaan Mellegers
- 320 pages / full colour / soft cover
- 170 x 230 mm
- ISBN 978-94-91727-01-6
- Examples of the graduate work featured in this book can be found here: http://www.frameweb.com/news/taking-on-a-graphic-dimension
- Other titles in the Masterclass series: Architecture, Fashion & Textiles, Product Design, Interior Architecture (due in 2014)
Schools wishing to be considered for future editions of this guidebook, please get in touch.