A boxed set of two books and two DVDs explore artist Arne Quinze’s recent installations My Secret Garden and Rock Strangers.
The Kunsthal in Rotterdam proudly held My Secret Garden, the first exhibition in the Netherlands of work by the Belgian artist Arne Quinze. This was also his first large-scale indoor project. The exhibition encouraged visitors to explore their own mental place where they keep their most personal thoughts, memories, desires and secrets.
My Secret Garden was complementary to his other work, Rock Strangers, on the coastline in Ostend. This permanent installation is a public confrontation with alienation in the centre of the city and open to the public at the same time.
Arne Quinze invited Belgian author Saskia de Coster to capture the alienation which the Rock Strangers exude as well as the intimacy of My Secret Garden (Kunsthal Rotterdam) in contemporary stories and distinctive film footage while the projects were running simultaneously.
The two documentaries are explorations of both projects, through interviews about Quinze’s work, unique footage of the making of the installations and ‘uncanny’ performances. The outcome is a quest for the traces of these works in each and every one of us.
- Includes two documentaries on DVD with soundscapes especially composed by electronic music duo Vive la Fête
- Text in four languages: Dutch, French, English and German
- Shows details of how two large installations/exhibitions of Arne Quinze were realised: the artist at work
- Includes short stories written by author Saskia de Coster, complementing Quinze’s art work
- Photos of Quinze’s previous art work are also shown
- Beautifully packaged in a cardboard slipcase
- 29 January 2013
- Frame Publishers
- Text by Saskia de Coster
- Editing and production by Sieghild Lacoere
- Art direction by Arne Quinze, Dave Bruel, Denis Decaluwé
- Dutch, French, English and German
- 328 pages / full colour / two soft cover books in a boxed set
- Two DVDs
- 245 x 190 mm