Our 10 favourite architectural projects in Spain are muy calientes.
1. El Batel Auditorium & Conference Hall by Selgascano
Spanish practice Selgascano has realized a subtle horizontal mark on a narrow site at the Cartagena seafront.
2. Palencia Cultural Civic Centre by Exit Architects
Madrid-based Exit Architects have brought light into a 19th century prison by replacing the roof with a zinc steel cover full of skylights.
3. Young Disabled Moduls and Workshop Pavillions by ///g.bang///
A psychiatric centre is pushing away stigma with eye-catching colour and a mountainous roof.
4. Basque Culinary Center by Vaumm
When designing the structure of a culinary school, it was only fitting that architects at Vaumm looked to stacks of plates and bowls for inspiration.
5. Roman Ruins Roof by Amann-Cánovas-Maruri
Historic Roman ruins in Cartagena have been given a protective cover that fuses the ancient site with a modern adaptation.
6. Municipal Auditorium of Teulada by Mangado & Associates
How do you design a building that literally straddles the border between two villages?
7. Easter Sculpture Museum by Exit Architects
Near Alicante, Spain, a renovation has infused the historic Casa del Conde home with a modern museum space.
8. 242 Social Housing Units in Salburúa by ACXT Architects
In a northern Spanish town, a housing block has created 242 apartments for the socially disadvantaged.
9. Espai Ridaura by Capella Garcia Arquitectura
Santa Cristina d’Aro
A multi-purpose auditorium has taken form from the banks of the Ridaura River.
10. Caja de Badajoz by Studio Lamela
Caja de Badajoz
Two contrasting volumes combine in a well-balanced composition at the new headquarters of Spanish savings bank Caja de Badajoz, located in a town of the same name.