Date of activation
Subscriptions to our magazines (Frame, Mark and Elephant) may begin with any issue (current issue, next issue or from the beginning of any year).
Types of subscriptions
Five types of subscriptions to our magazines are available: trial subscriptions, one-year subscriptions, two-year subscriptions, one-year student subscriptions and two-year student subscriptions. Certain subscriptions entitle the subscriber to a free gift. Visit our website for the latest subscriptions and special offers: www.frameweb.com.
Length of subscription
A subscription is valid for the period specified. To ensure that access to the magazine(s) remains uninterrupted, the subscription is renewed automatically for the same period of time unless and until the subscriber cancels the subscription. Trial subscriptions are not renewed automatically.
All subscription rates are posted on our website: www.frameweb.com. Subscription rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Prices indicated are in euros and include VAT (sales tax), as well as shipping and handling fees.
Subscription payment must be made in advance of each subscription period and/or within 20 days of the invoice date. Failure to pay for a subscription, even after receiving a reminder, will result in an immediate termination of the subscription services. The subscription in question will be activated only upon payment in full. Included in this payment shall be all magazines received by the subscriber before the subscription was terminated for nonpayment.
Methods of payment
Credit cards accepted for the payment of magazine subscriptions are Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Payment by cheque or bank transfer is also possible.
Change of address
To ensure uninterrupted access to your magazine(s), the subscriber must notify Frame Publishers of a change of address no less than three weeks before moving house. The subscriber will be charged for any forwarding fees that result from the failure to report a change of address less than three weeks before moving house.
Cancellation of subscription
Cancellation of a subscription must take place no less than 30 days before the paid subscription is due to expire. The subscriber may cancel by sending a letter, a fax or an email to Frame Publishers. Cancellation by telephone is also possible. The subscriber will be charged for any magazines received as a result of late cancellation.
Books and other products
In addition to magazine subscriptions, Frame Publishers offers its customers single issues, back issues, books and other products, all of which can be purchased by both subscribers and nonsubscribers. Click here to see all issues.
Prices and payment
1. With regard to both subscriptions and products, all prices indicated are in euros and include VAT (sales tax), as well as shipping and handling fees.
2. All orders must be paid in advance. Orders will be sent and subscriptions activated immediately upon receipt of payment.
3. Failure to pay for items ordered will result in the postponement or cancellation of the contract in question. Other (or future) orders of customers faulted for (previous) nonpayment may be postponed, cancelled or refused by Frame Publishers.
4. If the price of a product or a subscription increases in the period between the placement of an order and its delivery or date of activation, the customer is entitled to cancel the order or to void the contract within ten days after receiving notification from Frame Publishers of the increase in price.
Delivery and delivery periods
1. Frame Publishers attempts to fill orders for products within two working days of receipt. Frame Publishers is not responsible for delays in delivery caused by postal services or by other transport firms, or for errors in stock assessment made by suppliers.
2. Upon delivery to the address indicated on the order form by the buyer, all responsibilities and risks involved in the reception of a product or products purchased from Frame Publishers are transferred from the seller to the buyer/recipient. The same transference of responsibilities and risks occurs upon delivery of a product or products to a post office address or upon its/their delivery by a postal or transport-firm employee to an address other than the one indicated on the label.
1. If the product received is defective or incomplete, or if it fails to meet expectations, the buyer has a period of 30 days in which to respond in one of the following ways.
(a) The buyer can contact Frame Publishers (by fax, post or email only) requesting the repair or exchange of the product (or part of the product) in question.
(b) The buyer can contact Frame Publishers (by fax, post or email only) voiding the contract with Frame Publishers.
2. The buyer who requests the repair or exchange of a defective or an incomplete product (or part of a product) is asked to return that product to Frame Publishers. Within 20 days of receipt, Frame Publishers will send the buyer a new, complete or repaired product. Frame Publishers will take responsibility for all costs involved in this process, including shipping costs incurred by the buyer, unless it can be proved that damage, defects and/or missing parts are the responsibility of the buyer, in which case Frame Publishers shall be absolved of all or part of the responsibility involved and shall not be obligated to repair or replace the product. If the buyer is found to be responsible for damage to the product, or for its missing part(s), Frame Publishers will return the product to the buyer in the same condition in which it was received.
1. In the case of circumstances beyond the control of Frame Publishers, Frame Publishers shall not be obligated to perform its obligations to the buyer; dates by which such obligations are scheduled to be met shall be extended for a period of time equal to the period of time lost through the delay caused by such circumstances.
2. Circumstances excusing Frame Publishers from performing all or part of its obligations are those that occur completely beyond the control of Frame Publishers. Examples of uncontrollable circumstances are natural disasters, power failures, strikes, fires, wars, riots, unanticipated government restrictions and the failure of third parties to fulfil their obligations to Frame Publishers. Other unforeseen circumstances that fall into this category are disruptions caused by telecommunication failures, including the short- and long-term unavailability of internet sites.
Additional information, questions or comments
Frame Publisher's subscription department - your destination for information, questions and comments - can be reached online at email@example.com. Or call us at +31 20 4233 717. Please keep in mind a possible time difference between your place of business and our offices in the Netherlands (open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CET).
Application of the General Conditions and Terms of Sale
The General Conditions and Terms of Sale, as stated here, apply to all contracts between Frame Publishers and its subscribers and/or customers, with regard to both products and services. Ordering a subscription or a product from Frame Publishers denotes compliance with Frame Publisher's General Conditions and Terms of Sale. Frame Publishers serves customers worldwide.
Laan der Hesperiden 68
1076 DX Amsterdam
T +31 20 4233 717
F +31 20 4280 653