Our round-up of the top 10 most inspiring and unique retail shops from recent months.
1. Helicosm Cosmetics Shop by FREAKS Freearchitects
The 100-sq-m store has an usual shape for a Parisian shop, as it stretches 20m long.
2. OWEN SHOP by Tacklebox
New York, USA
In New York’s Meatpacking District, a boutique is repurposing the classic brown lunch bag.
3. Capsula Shop by Göske Project
On the ground floor of a historic building in uptown Budapest, Göske Project realised a bright, futuristic interior for fashion label Capsula.
4. Nike+ Fuelstation by Nike
Nike presented its vision of 'future retail' by opening the first Nike+ Fuelstation in East London's Boxpark.
5. Dover Street Market Ginza (DSMG) by Rei Kawakubo
Following the 2004 opening of the Dover Street Market in London, designer Rei Kawakubo has launched a second DSM shop, converting a dull office building in Tokyo into a store that reflects the brands´ ‘beautiful chaos’ concept.
6. Munich Footwear by CuldeSac
Don’t be fooled by Munich’s deceptive name – the footwear store is located in Valencia, Spain.
7. Nanushka Beta Shop by Sandra Sandor et al.
In the Castle District of Budapest, the Nanushka shop was created to contrast traditional retail spaces.
8. Aesop Yokohama + Shin-Marunouchi by Torafu Architects
Japanese firm Torafu Architects has designed two Aesop shops that demonstrate how one material can be applied in contrasting ways.
9. Uniqlo Ginza by Wonderwall Inc.
A new Uniqlo shop in Ginza, Tokyo, is simultaneously wild and controlled.
10. Fiu Fiu by Mateusz Adamczyk & Marcin Kwietowicz
A shop in Warsaw has been constructed not as one typical retail space, but with three interior house-like structures.