Frame is the world’s leading media brand for interior-design professionals. As a global team, we work together with a collaborative, creative and transparent mindset. Frame is always seeking passionate and driven individuals to join us as interns, employees, and collaborators.
Frame's interns are a valuable part of our team and we ask for a commitment of 36 hours a week in our office in Amsterdam. Of course, we can be flexible with regards to important study or work dates.
We're always looking for new collaborations with freelance writers in cities worldwide. If you're well-informed about your local design and architecture scene, plus have journalistic experience, feel free to pitch your story idea to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a selection of low-resolution images (JPEGs preferred) and a brief project description.
Frame seeks Junior Editor
Do you have a good eye for standout spatial design projects? Know how to write enticing articles and headlines, and have insight into all aspects that come with running an online platform? Then we’d love to hear from you: Frame’s editorial department is looking for a junior editor to join our international team – our team is based in Amsterdam, but we are also accepting worldwide remote applications. The junior editor is responsible for assisting the editor with the content, maintenance and development of our website, and may occasionally contribute to the magazine. The junior editor reports to Frame’s head of content and editors.
FRAME is the world’s leading media brand for interior-design professionals. OUR VISION is that meaningful places enable people to work, shop, relax and live better, making them healthier and happier. It’s OUR MISSION to empower spatial excellence by connecting talented designers to visionary clients and the best makers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Generating content ideas for the magazine and website, based on insights in developments and trends in the interior design industry
- Writing articles, including titles, SEO decks and photo captions
- Producing and/or publishing new and archival content, including advertorials, for the magazine and website in a creative way, ensuring content is up to date
- Assisting the editor with liaising with internal teams to determine posts, content (including advertorials), design, promotions and layout
- Assisting with editorial-related administration duties for both web and print
- Communicating with project submitters, clients and other related parties
- Being present at and contributing to regular team Zoom meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Activities other than those that belong to the normal performance of your duties, if these activities can be reasonably asked
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Professional to near-native English, spoken and written
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in journalism and editorial production, especially for web. Formal education in journalism, communications and/or design is a plus
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of organizing, writing, editing, and publishing effective web content; information architecture; search engine optimization; and web content management
- Understanding of – and ability to identify – trends and developments in interior design across sectors, and skilled to draw out how they might impact (or present an opportunity for) design innovation
- Ability to adapt to/learn new technologies and web content management tools quickly
- Team player with the ability to work cross-departmentally and with diverse populations on both short-term tasks and long-term objectives
- Accurate, flexible, timely, independent and proactive. We are a team of dynamic thinkers
Want to apply? Please send an e-mail to Floor Kuitert (floor [at] frameweb.com) with the subject line ‘Application: Junior Editor’ and include the following:
+ Your CV
+ Motivation Letter
+ Articles that demonstrate your writing skills
+ Your availability – please keep in mind that this is a full-time position (36 hours per week).