Frame is the world’s leading media brand for interior-design professionals. As a global team, we work together with a collaborative, creative and transparent mindset. Frame is always seeking passionate and driven individuals to join us as interns, employees and trade fair representatives.
Frame's interns are a valuable part of our team and we ask for a commitment of 36 hours a week in our office in Amsterdam. Of course, we can be flexible with regards to important study or work dates.
Editorial Production Intern
Preferred Start: September / October 2020
Do you have a good eye for standout spatial design projects? Are you interested in learning how to write enticing articles and headlines and get insight into all aspects that come with producing a magazine and running an online platform? Then we’d love to hear from you: Frame’s editorial team is looking for a production intern to provide assistance with both print and web logistics.
• A small obsession with spatial design, retail and hospitality news
• An even bigger obsession with design magazines and books
• A good working knowledge of CMS platforms
• A BA (may be in progress) in design or journalism
• Proper knowledge of English grammar – no Dutch necessary
What we offer
• A monthly stipend of €450
• Our editors work directly with interns to help them sharpen their writing and pitching skills – that means we provide writing opportunities in both print and web
• You will gain insight into – and assist in – all aspects that come with producing a magazine and running an online platform, from databases to distribution
As a magazine intern you will be an important member of our editorial team. You will be responsible for many different things, such as:
- Collecting images and info for stories
- Researching for web and print content
- Writing articles for Frameweb
- Compiling our contributors list and sending out PDFs if requested
- Attending and contributing to the weekly editorial meetings
- Updating the back issue database online
Want to apply?
Please send an e-mail to Floor Kuitert (floor [at] frameweb.com) with the subject line Application: Editorial Production Intern and include the following:
• Your CV (and writing portfolio)
• Please tell us about two recent projects you’ve seen around (either online/in person) that you think represent the future of spatial design.
• Share a link to an online article that you believe is a prime example of quality storytelling – in terms of tone of voice, approach of the subject and/or format – and briefly explain your choice.
• Your availability – please keep in mind that this is a full-time position, which means 36 hours per week in our Amsterdam office.
We're always looking for new collaborations with freelance writers in cities worldwide. If you're well-informed about your local design and architecture scene, plus have journalistic experience, feel free to pitch your story idea to email@example.com. Include a selection of low-resolution images (JPEGs preferred) and a brief project description.